The classic recipe «Stromboli» is similar to the popular pizza «Smile». However, the first one is rolled up in the form of a roll, which allows to keep the maximum amount of juice in a dish. You can use the stuffing that you like, the main thing is to follow only two principles:
- do not be lazy to make a delicious sauce, it is not difficult;
- use 2 types of cheese (preferably mozzarella).
Ingredients (for preparing six servings):
- water - 170 ml;
- sifted flour - 270 g;
- yeast - ½ tsp;
- olive oil - 1 tbsp. l .;
- salt - ½ tsp.
- mozzarella and provolone cheeses - 6 pieces each;
- salami and ham - 10 slices each;
- oregano - 1 tsp;
- butter from dried tomatoes - 1 tbsp. l .;
- sun-dried tomatoes - 1 tbsp. l .;
- sauce - 3 tbsp. l
- tomatoes in their own juice - 450 ml;
- basil leaves - 2 pcs .;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- olive oil - 1 tsp;
- oregano - pinch;
- balsamic oil - 1 tsp;
- salt and sugar to taste.
Stages of cooking «Stromboli»
- Knead the dough and leave it to warm for 30 minutes.
- Dust the surface with flour and place pizza dough on it. Roll it into a thin rectangular plate. Transfer the base to the parchment.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and chop them thoroughly. Add sun-dried tomatoes to the mixture and smear a Stromboli pizza base with it. Departing from the edges of approximately 10 cm, alternately lay out the ham and salami, and cheese on top.
- Make cuts at a 45 ° angle on both sides of the base. Placing the resulting strip alternately on each other, you get weaving, overlapping.
- Cover the top with butter from dried tomatoes, sprinkle with oregano and grated hard cheese.
- Transfer the form from stromboli to the oven and leave for 20 minutes at a temperature of 220 °.
As you can see, the recipe is quite simple and the cooking process takes very little time. If you do not want to mess around in the kitchen, order a pizza delivery. It is not only convenient, but also inexpensive!