shipping cost will be 50 uah
TYPES OF NEAPOLITAN PIZZA
Pizza is one of the attractions of Naples. Many admirers of this dish arrange real gastronomic tours to try it where the origins of cooking originated. And only in perfect possession of classical recipes, you can start experiments. We will learn what it is - traditional Neapolitan pizza, and also what kinds of it exist.
Features of Neapolitan pizza
- This dish is considered the national treasure of Italy, so the technology of cooking is stored at the state level. The product was given the STG (specialita tradizionale garantita), and in 1984 a special association for the control of prescription compliance was established.
- Classical cooking technology requires only manual work with the test. It is not allowed to roll it out with a rolling pin, only with the help of rotation in hands the test is given a thickness of no more than 2-3 mm. Baking is done only in a wood stove, no electrical appliances. The cooking temperature is 485 degrees, and the time is only 90 seconds. Such strict rules almost completely exclude the preparation of the right dish at home.
- All ingredients must be fresh and of exceptional quality. Used tomatoes only varieties of San Marzano and mozzarella based on buffalo milk - Mozzarella di Buffalo. Olive oil should be only the first pressing, and the salt is exclusively marine.
- They eat the dish only with their hands, bending the piece in half and biting off the edge, gradually moving towards the crust. It should be noted that the dough should be elastic and not break when bent.
- A properly cooked dish has a thin dough and lush sides that are called cornicioni. To mix the test, water, flour, yeast and salt are used. No muffins or fats.
- Having become acquainted with the basic canons of preparation of this dish, we learn what sorts of its varieties exist.
Types of Neapolitan pizza
In 1660, one of the chefs of Naples came up with the idea of combining 4 favorite species into one. But how to do this, not to mix all the ingredients in the vinaigrette and make each of the species recognizable. Then he just divided the workpiece from the dough into 4 parts and defined each part for one filling: "winter" - champignons, "spring" - seafood, "summer" sausage salami, "autumn" - tomatoes.
From above everything was seasoned with butter, greens and covered with an unchanged ingredient - mozzarella. Another popular form is 4 cheeses. The filling uses mozzarella, gorgonzola and 2 other varieties of cheese.
The name of this dish is associated with the sea. But this does not mean that only seafood is present in the filling. The dish is named after the sailors who, during the formation of the recipe, when this dish was exclusively poor people's food, took it every day for breakfast. Thanks to a special sauce of tomatoes, onions, garlic and herbs, the resulting piece could be stored for a very long time, which was very convenient for seafarers. In addition to the sauce, the composition includes: anchovies, olive oil, capers, parmesan.
Contrary to tradition, in the filling of this dish is not 3-5 ingredients, and about 6-7. This is one of the most hearty dishes of Mediterranean cuisine. In addition to classic tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and oregano, the recipe includes artichokes, ham, mushrooms, black and green olives.
This is a closed pizza, the filling of which is covered with an additional layer of dough. In addition to traditional ingredients, cheese is used for wire, ricotta, salami and boiled ham.
These are the most popular variations on the theme "Neapolitan pizza", but in fact there are a huge number of them - around 2000. The main thing is keeping to the classical traditions of cooking, using only fresh products and definitely true Italian cordiality when serving.